Egg Salad Horsey Sauce Hold the Onion Add Pimento Olive ORDER UP!
Quick and Tasty with a little kick!
I have a new client that I was cleaning house for last week. She was the sweetest. It is not often that people tell me to get what ever I need out of their frig, but she offered me coffee,soda,and her egg salad.
This recipe was passed down to her from her mother. She is 72 and told me she loved when she ate this sandwich as a little girl. She was so proud of this recipe and it was fun imagining a little girl liking a sandwich with horseradish and olives in it!
Vintage Egg Salad Recipe
- 5 Hard Boiled Eggs peeled and cut up with a fork
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tablespoon Horseradish Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Pimento Olives sliced
- 2 or more Tablespoons Mayonnaise (I LOVE Hellman’s)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- She adds a Teaspoon of the Olive Juice ( I left this part out)
Stir together all ingredients and serve on bread,toast,large crescents,crackers,pita bread, etc.
+You can make this Salad more or less spicy by how much horsey sauce you want. And the amount of Mayo is how moist you prefer your Salad to be.
Enjoy! It is Yummy!