Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:but a broken spirit drieth the bones. From the Bible. King James Version.
Merry and Bright
Over the weekend, I woke up to this verse. I must have read it a dozen times. I pray I am a merry dose of joy for myself and others. I began to mentally list ways to reach out to someone, so I wrote them out to share with you.
- Letting them vent
- Praying not only for them, but also with them
- Sending them a letter, text message, and/or email
- Being a cheerleader boosts their self-confidence
- Give them a hug when you see them and when you leave them and wave good-bye. My Grandpa Virgil greatly appreciated this human contact. He had been a widower for over 30 years.
- Tell them you love them
- Tell them how proud you are of them
- Bring them lunch or a gift
- The List could go on and on!
- What are your ideas? Please share!
Daily Bible Study
I have a daily verse delivered, from a Bible app, to my phone and computer. www.bible.com You can choose what version you would like to read or choose audio for travel, walking, or resting.
Have fun getting closer to the Lord!
When you go to the app, you will be able to choose from 1200 Bible versions and 900 languages. You can read the verse and the full chapter. You can choose a Bible Plan, devotional or bible study, for the year, just for you, for free. Share verses, highlight and bookmark.
Spread Joy! It does a body good!!!
The last part of the verse talks about being a broken spirit and our bones drying up. There are several times I feel the pressure of being positive and happy rocked by the real struggle of life. If I am not careful, I spread a virus of unhappiness to everyone I talk to, instead of a healthy dose of Joy and Confidence. Spread Joy!