My parents celebrated their 55th Wedding Anniversary on September 12, 2019. We are so proud of them!
55 years of marriage is known as the emerald anniversary. One of the meanings of the emerald represents genuine love.
Some memories mom shared of the days before, planning their wedding, and some pretty funny things their friends did to them
- My dad picked out the cake. The colors, the size, down to the beautiful bells. The inside of the sugar bells matched the colors of the bridesmaids dresses.
- My mom bought and made all the flowers. She is very creative and talented and I loved having her do our wedding flowers also, 25 years ago.
- They did not have a wedding planner. They enjoyed talking and planning the whole wedding themselves.
- Sadly,most of their friends have passed away that had been in, and, came to the wedding. We have preserved their wedding photos so their memory still lives on.
- A COUPLE OF FUNNIES 🙂 Their friends put limburger cheese on the manifold of their car! Rocks in their hubcaps! And, put so many JUST MARRIED writings all over the car, they had to pull over and take them off because of all the Honks! They thought they had them all until they stopped for gas. The attendant congratulated them. Written on the gas cap was JUST MARRIED!
One night we took them to Red Lobster and told them to order anything and everything they wanted! We also gave them a list of places to choose where they wanted to go, as a gift. My dad is 81 and mom is 74, so they chose to stay very close to home.
Murfreesboro,TN American Civil War History
We sent them to Murfreesboro, Tennessee to spend a couple of nights sleeping in a comfortable bed away from home and eating out, wandering around. Enjoying exploring.
Having to take their time as they get older
They both wanted to see everything they could on the Civil War. Since walking too far has become an annoying issue to them both, they took pictures to share with us. And, sent text messages of how much fun they were having!
One special picture my dad sent, meant a lot to him. He has been a Baptist Minister over 40 years and a bible was found on the battlefield and he saw it in the museum.
Patty Melts All Around!!!
They ate at Coconut Bay. They shared an appetizer of Nachos with Spinach White Dip and a Patty Melt, that had my mouth watering. They sent a photo from Steak & Shake of their Milkshakes and again, 🙂 The Patty Melt! (my mom’s favorite sandwich)
They still want to-
- Dad wants to go the Loveless Cafe in Nashville,TN
- They both want to go back to finish the battlefield