Tomato Kale Soup to warm the body and soul.
- Olive Oil-1 1/2 tablespoons or enough to barely cover the bottom of the skillet
- Butter-Land O’ Lakes is our favorite-1 tablespoon
- 1 Garlic Bulb-Diced fine or larger chunks
- Kidney & Liver-You can use A Package that comes from inside of a Whole Chicken-Cut Fine (I like to use my Ninja and make it in to almost like paste consistency)
- Ground Peppercorn
In your Small Skillet, on medium heat, melt your Butter in the Olive Oil. Add the diced or chunked Garlic. As the Garlic softens, and it smells so good, you can add your Kidney & Liver. Top with the Ground Peppercorn. Cook until the meat is tender and done.
*Large Soup Pot*
- One Large Can of Diced Tomatoes (I use unsalted because I cook for someone that is Diabetic and also needs to limit their salt intake)
- One Large Can of Tomato Juice
- One 32 Ounce Box of Beef Broth
- 2- 15 or 16 Ounce Cans of Black Beans (I like Bush’s)
- Large Handful of Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cups (I like a little more) Fresh Kale without Stems, Chopped Fine Or With a little bit of Water and Chopped in the Ninja-*To Soften Kale for Salads, Tear out the Stems and Place in a Large Bowl of Water for Awhile *
- Add 2 Cups of Water to give you a nice amount of Broth
- Sprinkle Cumin across the top
- Bring to a boil and Add the Garlic Meat Mixture from your Small Skillet
- Reduce Heat to a Simmer Until your Kale is Soft and Tender
Bake Biscuits or Eat with Crackers. We enjoyed our Tomato Kale Soup with Cornbread!